Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dangerous Environments

I haven't pitched my ideas for projects to the class yet, but it has pretty much been decided that I will be working with a friend on a collaborative project. I will be in charge of most the artistic parts, mood and set dressing and the sort, while he takes care of the more technical aspects such as Unreal. This doesn't mean we will work exclusively in those areas, but that those will be our focus areas. You can follow him in mwilli28.blogspot.com. He has uploaded some images of work we did over the summer in preparation for this project.

Our plan is to make a small scale multiplayer map. Currently it is supposed to be a Capture the Flag style map. Some suggestions were made to lessen the use of weapons and make so that players have to use the environment to attack each other. I fully support this idea and after discussing it with Matt it appears that making destructible environments in Unreal is not that complicated. I would love to have a final level of which a high percentage is fully destructible.

No comments:

Post a Comment